Child and teenager shot, caught in crossfire of bullets | Crime
An 18 year old and a 12 year old were caught in the crossfire Tuesday while two other men were exchanging gunfire, Birmingham Police confirmed.
The incident occurred around 5 p.m. in the 1700 block of 36th Street North in the Norwood neighborhood.
Both victims were taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital with what is believed to be non-life threatening injuries.
The status of the suspects has not been confirmed by authorities
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jefferson Co. turns its focus to improving tag lines
- Judge's ruling effectively ends Jefferson County bankruptcy
- JeffCo commission approves sale of sewer debt
- Man in custody after leading deputies on chase in north Jefferson County
- JeffCo hopes to reduce sewer rates by bringing more business to the county